About Night of Miracles
About Night of Miracles & Miracles for Kids
Night of Miracles is Miracles for Kids' landmark annual event in support of the organization's mission to improve the lives of critically-ill children and the family and caregivers that care for them.
Who We Are
- A support system for families with children fighting over 100 different types of life-threatening illnesses.
- A financial solution for families struggling to survive while their child is in treatment.
- A needs provider for families without enough food, household supplies and basic necessities to care for their child.
- A direct line of communication for families in need of advocacy, assistance, referrals, emotional and other support, to stay stable for their child.
Over the last 10 years, Miracles for Kids has been a critically needed support system for 1,000+ families. We have heard their stories, shared their struggles, and been honored to receive their smiles. We are an organization that changes lives every day. Please help us do more for those who need us most.
Help Us Change Lives
This year, funds raised at the Night of Miracles Gala will be dedicated to these core programs:
- THE GRANT PROGRAM
Provides monthly financial aid to low-income families with children fighting a life-threatening illness. Provides monthly financial aid to low-income families with children fighting a life-threatening illness.
- BASKET OF MIRACLES PROGRAM
Delivers food, household necessities, school and other supplies to families’ homes throughout the year.
- FUND-A-FAMILY PROGRAM
Matches a donor to an individual child and family in need.
- MIRACLE MANOR
Provides affordable housing in close proximity to CHOC Children’s Hospital for families with a child in treatment for a life-threatening illness.
Miracles for Kids' vision is to operate an organization that makes a difference in the lives of children who are fighting a life-threatening illness, and to provide support to the families and other primary caregivers who care and provide for these children. We focus our efforts in three main areas:
- Provide families and/or caregivers with financial and other support to face the economic difficulties that often result from caring for a critically ill child.
- Fund cutting edge research to find a cure for pediatric cancer and other life-threatening pediatric illnesses.
- Serve as an advocate and resource in the community for children fighting life-threatening illnesses and their families.
Miracles for Kids lives each day with the following four core values:
- DEDICATION - We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children fighting cancer and other life-threatening diseases and their families.
- COMMITMENT - We are committed working hard to reach more children and their families in need in our communities and beyond.
- INTEGRITY - We are honest and straightforward in our work. We serve children and their families with the utmost dignity and respect. We can be relied upon and trusted.
- EXCELLENCE - We set a high standard of performance, improving our work product each day, striving to achieve excellence in all that we do.
These core values guide the Board of Directors, staff members and volunteers at Miracles for Kids as we work to improve the lives of children and families in need.